As the owner or presenter in a ConferWeb conference call, you have the ability to dial out to additional participants or presenters during your meeting. Dialing out is an easy way to help participants who are new to conferencing, provide a personal touch to high-profile participants or assist those who are having trouble joining the audio portion of your meeting.
Note: Hosts must enable this feature prior to the meeting. To do so, contact Customer Support at 877-444-8535.
To dial out to participants during your ConferWeb conference call, simply follow these steps:
1. Once you have joined the ConferWeb conference, you will see the “Participants” box in the upper left part of the screen. At the top of that box, select the button that looks like a person next to a plus sign.
2. A pop-up window opens, allowing you to enter the participant’s phone number. Fill in the requested information.
3. Click Invite. You may be prompted on the phone for further steps to join the participant to your conference.
4. The caller will hear: “Welcome to the Conference Center. Please press ‘1’ to enter the meeting.”
5. You will see that participant’s phone line in the “Participants” box when the participant has joined.
Following are a few helpful tips for dialing out to a participant:
- In the phone number field, preface the area code and phone number with a “1.”
- Include an area code.
- The dial-out function can be used to connect to an international number. Before dialing out to an international number, we recommend reading How To: Dial Out to an International Participant.
Remember to press *0 if you can’t resolve your situation during your conference call